Monday, February 7, 2011

A Time To Savor

In the last two weeks, my life has been sprinkled with dozens of little moments that create an "awe" in my spirit. Two weekends ago I was blessed to take my teenage daughter for a weekend away, just us...lots of great conversations, a great pedicure and a bit of fun at the local amusement park. I had prayed that our weekend away would really help her to grasp the importance of owning the "wait to date" philosophy that we have for the kids. Lot of great material to go through, with some very sound reasoning, yet nearing the end of the weekend she was still holding to her stubborn desire to "negotiate." I feared that my resolve would waiver and I would give in to her. But the Lord sprinkled me with an "awe"...and I am still amazed at the words I was able to speak into her spirit. And all along, it was not just me but others speaking these same words to her.

She is worth so much more than a compromise. The price that was paid for her was a hefty one.

The Lord tells us to "flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside their body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have recieved from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." 1 Cor 6:18-20

That verse was among the many things we heard, read, talked about that weekend. But it all came back at the end, before we headed for bed, I heard her voice a very profound question...one I have cried to the Lord myself. "I wish You (the Lord) would just give me the answer to what I am supposed to do...just tell me already."

My answer...He has. The fellow at Winter Camp, the lessons we covered...for her. You want it in writing? Here's the Bible. Here's His love letter to you. To me. To all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment