Sunday, February 20, 2011

Home and Rested

Well, we are finally back from Italy, and hopefully readjusted to our current time zone. I slightly earlier than normal bedtime last night as well as sleeping in this morning may have had a little to do with it.

The flight to Amsterdam was quick, and rather uneventful. We got breakfast…if you want to call it that. A couple sandwiches (one with orange jam and the other with cheese) and a little something to drink – emphasis on the little.

It has been a very long time since I have gotten off an airplane on the tarmac, and never have taken a bus to a gate. We didn’t have much time in between when we landed and had to take off again to do much other than rush through the airport, get through passport check and to the next gate. I was getting a little hungry, so I made Mark go get me something to snack on while I was supposed to go into the gate…but they wouldn’t let me in because we were together – I should have told me I didn’t know him. :)

The flight from Amsterdam was long…9 hours. Mark ended up watching Red while I tried to rest…it’s kind of hard to sleep when the big guy next to you keeps laughing every 10 minutes and jiggling the seats. I gave up and read for a little while. Then I decided to watch a movie too. I first watched Unstoppable then watched Nanny McPhee Returns. I like the idea of getting to watch your own movie while you fly instead of having to watch the same thing everyone else is. You could play games too…he he he. Least to say, Mark and I had a good time on the flight home, but we didn’t get much sleep. I did finish reading Twilight though, which I just started last Friday on my flight to Italy. We landed, went through passport check, got our bags, tried to find the car, then headed home to Rochester.

We got a very warm welcome from the kids, including a couple “welcome home” pictures done by the kids. And it was super nice to come home to a clean house with all laundry and dishes done (I even think the bathroom was cleaned), dusting done, vacuuming etc. I love it when my mom watches the kids at our place. :)

What a trip! I loved being in my own bed, with my own pillows…and waking up to my kids in the other room. I didn’t care to wake up to all this white stuff falling from the sky though. What a rude awakening. We did head to church, which was not very full at all, for a good message from Pastor Paul…but more importantly, CHOIR WEEKEND! I love it when the choir sings. It is so uplifting, so inspiring. It feels so great to worship God with other believers, raising our voices to heaven to praise Him.

I thank the Lord for the days He gave me, the beautiful things I was blessed to see this past week in Italy. God Bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment